Primark Beauty Must Haves

By Allaboutabbyx - March 07, 2020

When it comes to primark beauty, I think we're all a little dubious to how well it's actually going to perform. Especially for the price, I mean 90p for a lipstick? is it really going to be pigmented or even a nice shade? Well I have chosen some must haves from Primark beauty, and have seen them perform so I can give you a true review. 
The only products that are missing are the concealer as there wasn't a shade that matched my tone, they were all darker shades. We are also missing a setting spray ... a little gutted as I would love to add a permanent affordable one to my make up routine. 



First up we have the primer water for the base. I have never tried a water base primer before and I was little scared it might leave me patchy and uneven. It takes a while to dry but once dries it leaves your face feeling fresh and smooth. The finish feels a tiny but tacky but not much to notice. It evens out the face and the foundation goes on flawless after priming.  



Double coverage foundation for £5, I don't believe you. Well my fellow readers let me tell you, it IS double coverage and it IS only £5. This product left me a little open mouthed... it's a perfect match for my skin (cool sand) and also it just applies beautifully. I don't like the fact it is a bottled foundation, purely because I feel you waste too much product when you don't have a pump applicator. 
I wore this foundation for work, and I had so many compliments over it so I quite happy with that. I did find that at the end of my shift (4 hours) it did go art patchy on my chin. If your a person who likes to apply through the day, this could be a perfect foundation. But if your like me and don't have time to touch up or apply more than probably not the best foundation for you.   


I chose this loose mineral powder and its in the shade nude. I'm not a powder kind of girl but I do like to put some under the eyes after I've concealed and on my laughter lines. Personally I'm not so keen on the powder as it feels very thick and caked once applied. But if we use this as our base and have no foundation... then we may be onto something. This powder reminds me a lot of the Bare Minerals powders and tbh if it wasn't as cakey, it would be a great alternative. Maybe this could be the reason my foundation went patchy on the chin? 


For brows, I heard the pomade is the go to brow product from primark. I use nothing else now than this pomade, its so creamy and controllable. It makes your eyebrows look and feel fuller. Like many brow pomades and pencils, this doesn't smudge as easy and if you use the right brush you will always have a sharp brow. 10/10 from me for the pomade! The pomade lasts all day and the next morning! 


I never used to contour or bronze my face until recently. I quite enjoy giving myself a fake sun kissed look to my face. It reminds me of summer and I think it makes you look a little healthier in the cheeks. I used the contour and glow and used it as bronzer as I couldn't find a bronzer on it's own. Although it is for contour, I feel it can be used a bronzer too. The product is HIGHLY pigmented and I reccomend going in with little product and building it up. On my first attempt I packed the product on first and had a hard time trying to correct it and blend it. It blends nicely with a bronzing brush and leaves your cheeks bronzed and tanned. This product stayed on all day and didn't leave me patchy. The product was very much the same as when I applied it in the morning.


I remember having this blusher when they first came out, the packaging has probably changed since then though. The pigment is beautiful and highly pigmented but it blends out like a dream. A big blush brush and it leaves your cheek with a radiant glow. My cheeks stayed this radiant colour all day and I give this product another 10/10.

   

If you love white, shimmery and glittery hightlighters, then this is the highlighter for you. It's a gorgeous pearlescent glow to it and it goes on lovely. The glitter just adds an extra bit of sparkle to the cheek bone and it's perfect for a night out. the highlighter did well throughout the day but I did find the glitter had gone but the glow was still there.

   

Obviously when I spotted these I knew I had to try as they look like a dupe to the Huda Matte and Melted liquid eye shadows. They have the matte side and the shimmer side and not to mention the packaging. I chose the rose gold and pink shade and they look so pretty! The pink is a light pink but once dried and blended, it ends up being a dusky rose pink shade. Still a beautiful shade and blends quite easily using a fluffy brush. The metallic is rose gold and it goes on lovely over the matte pink. Blending both together is abit tricky as they literally just become the same colour and the shimmer dulls. if you use your finger than you get the full intensity of the glitter.

   

I don't know about anyone else but I prefer my wand to be long and thin. I feel the thick brushes just get in the way and I haven't got log eye lashes for them to grip to properly. I love the thin brushes this mascara has and it grips to every single lash and makes them look longer than they are. It isn't clumpy or flaky and it goes on lovely too. I've heard that this is a dupe to the Benefit Roller Lash and I personally think it's a perfect dupe. 

   

Last but not least we have the new lipstick range. They have a few shades of nudes, pinks, reds and oranges. I opted for this blush shade as I love nude pinks as I think they go with everything. If you like cool technical things then this lipstick is great as it has a magnetic top. Again this is supposed to be a dupe to the Huda power bullet lipsticks? They look hugely similar, what do you guys think? The lipstick is a satin finish and for the first 30 minutes it looks beautiful. After the 30 mins is where the lipsticks starts failing. It very smudgy and doesn't last longer than half an hour. If you use a lipliner underneath then maybe your on to something good with this product but without... fail. 

   

I really hope you have enjoyed this post as I love doing the beauty posts. Let me know if there is anything you want to see from me in the comments below

All my love, Abby xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments