Primer Must Haves

By Allaboutabbyx - April 15, 2020


Let's talk primers... Lets face it, primers are very important to our daily make up routine. To the lucky people who don't need primer, I salute you. For me, it helps even out my lumps and bumps (and there's quite a lot) and helps my skin look nice and smooth. Over the years of experimenting with make up and beauty, I have tested out quite a lot of primers but the ones I will be talking about today are my favourites. 



1. Benefit - The Porefessional Pro balm (22.0ml £29) 
Now I think this primer is a good old classic, I don't know anyone who hasn't tried this primer. It has a slight skin tone tint to help even out uneven colour on the face. The texture is a little greasy but quickly dries when you buff out on the skin. It blends out and melts into the skin so it helps minimise the appearance of any pores you may have. If that hasn't sold it to you yet, the primer also has vitamin E to help protect the skin free radicals, therefore helping your skin become less ageing. If you have dry skin, this primer would be lovely for your skin. It is a bit pricey and I would probably never buy this alone, I always try and find the gift sets with this in as you get a lot more for your money. 



2. Maybelline FaceStudio Prime (30ml £8.99)
I received this in a gift set that my lovely mother bought me for Christmas. I can't remember what else was the set but I know it had the setting spray in there too. The face studio primer again has a slight tint and has a watery gel type of texture. Helps minimise pores and makes foundation smooth on the skin. It is a more affordable and definetly worth a try if you like affordable primers. 


3. Primark Glow Illuminating Skin Primer (27ml £3)
Who doesn't love abit of a glow to their skin? This primer does just that and guess what? It was only £3 from Primark. Primark beauty has killed it with the beauty, they literally keep getting better and better. The texture is a watery base so it is very hydrating and it sinks into the skin beautiful. The pearlescent colouring leaves a gorgeous shimmer to face. You can either wear this under foundation or personally I like wearing it on it's on for a glowy look in the summer time. Doesn't leave your skin tacky or greasy and it also refreshens the skin too. 


4. Smashbox Vitamin Glow Primer (30 ml £30) 
This one is Smashbox's newest primers and I received this by applying for a free sample on Facebook. It has Vitamins B, C & E to help revitalise skin to create a healthy looking glow. It's a watery gel texture so immediately hydrates the skin and sinks quite nicely too. This is the only primer I own that has a scent to it, it has a gorgeous scent of oranges. The price is steep however little goes a vey long way and the sample has already lasted me 3 weeks and there's still loads left. It reminds me of summer and that's why will be buying the full product for my holidays away. The primer is also cruelty free, vegan and gluten free... so literally can be used by everyone!! Well done Smashbox. 


5. Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30 (22ml £46.50)
Gifted - I received this from their range and fell in love instantly without even trying the product. why you ask? well my lovelies, the primer has SPF 30 which means it helps protect your skin from the sun. You can walk out your house on a summers day and don't need to worry as your face is protected. Slightly tinted and has a velvety watery base so helps hydrates the skin and sinks in like a dream. This primer is the most expensive primer at over £30 but I honestly don't know what I would do without this primer. I most use this primer when my skin is feeling rubbish and dry as I know it will help sort out my problem areas and ill be back to normal again. Makeup sits perfect on the primer and also looks perfect without make up on aswell. 


6. Becca First Light Priming Filter (15ml £15 - 30ml £28)
First of all the packaging for this primer is out of this world, it's a beautiful purple pearlescent colour. Another sample product from Facebook but will be buying this in a full product. A lilac hue with a lavender scent, leaves your skin super glossy and have a shimmer also. Again another primer that is perfect for the summer times and maybe festival times. The water base helps hydrate the skin and a little goes a long way! (I found out the hard way) 


I have had many other primers but these are my stand out and favourite primers, can you spot any of your favourites? Let me know below, would love to try some new primers that you reccomend!! 

Lots of love Abby

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments