Is Shein Beauty Worth it?

By Allaboutabbyx - May 30, 2020



Shein is a site that always pops up on my Facebook and instagram and I've never really took much notice of it. This one particular advert got me interested as it was advertising their own beauty range .... well of course I clicked and was shocked to see the prices of these products! I'm an absolute sucker for cheap make up that Is good quality. I wanted to see if anyone had tried and reviewed this and I couldn't find much on them so I've decided to do it for myself and hopefully this reaches out to you too!


I've picked up a few bits and bobs but I haven't included a full face. This is because I have tonnes of lipsticks and quite frankly I don't need any more! They also didn't have any bronzers that I was interested in or setting spray. There is limited products so I got what I could that I might be able to keep using if It isn't that great.

I bought foundation, concealer, blusher, lashes, eye shadow palette and mascara ... it came to £25 including discount from Shoptagr and delivery! If you want cheap... shein is your answer! you couldn't get that from Debenhams or any other make up shop!  


They only had 2 foundations to choose from I bought the cheaper one as its a long wearing foundation. You only have 4 shades to choose from and im a little gutted as I like to see a good range of shades. Hopefully this is something they can work on when they expand their beauty range. I bought the shade beige and tbh the swatch wasn't all too bad. It has a pink tone to it but I knew bronzer and blush would disguise this. 
The foundation blended well enough for me to be impressed. A little goes a long way and the finish looks gorgeous on the skin. I did find it was going a little patchy by the end of the make up process but not enough for me to moan about it. It is a nice medium coverage, enough to make your skin glow and feel lovely. 
The only flaw I have with this foundation is if you don't powder it down ... it stays oily all day. I couldn't touch my face without it coming off, but once I powdered (1 hour later) it felt fine. 

Little Black Tube Long-Wearing Liquid Foundation £4.99



The packaging for the concealer is sleek and beautiful, looks expensive. I got the shade Alaska and it's lighter than my skin tone and its a lovely colour. The formula is very thick and a little goes a LONG way! 
Me personally didn't like the concealer as the applicator is not muy favourite. It's a squeeze bottle and I feel you don't have that much control over the product. The concealer left lines under my eyes and they stayed there pretty much all day! A big No from me!

Eye Candy Medium Coverage Concealer £2.49




I'm a little gutted about this blush, purely because it's no longer on the website. Im hoping it's just because it's sold out maybe? I'm still going to review just incase it does make an appearance back not the site.
The blusher comes with it's on brush and it looks super cute and sleek. I got the shade coral and its a beautiful pink but it comes out much lighter than it looks in the tube. The product is buildable so you can more pinkie if you choose. The only problem I had with the blush is the brush applicator drags the blusher and the foundation underneath came with it. Didn't blend very well with the brush but I used a sponge and it goes on flawlessy.


  

beauty blender                      Brush applicator

  


My first thought on the palette was amazing, and the feeling just grew as I used the shadows. For £4.99 it is a great palette, great colours and perfect formula. The shadows do have a lot of fall out but I never mind too much on that as long as I tap the excess of the brush. The pigments blend so easy and come together nicely at the end. The glitter shades are very glittery, a little flaky but easy enough to wipe away. They're are limited shades so I had to use a transition shades from another palette but overall a great palette with super bright and pigmented shades.

Sheglam The Breeze Palette £4.99


   

If you're anything like me, this mascara is perfect for you. I struggle to coat my bottom lashes as they are quite close to my eye. This mascara is a double sided mascara to get the pesky eye lashes on the bottom. The brush is a lovely bristle brush that grabs every top layer but doesn't do too much on the first coat. You have to do a few coats for it to look any different and personally you can buy better mascaras for a couple more ££. Saying this the other end of the mascara saves this product as it is teeny weeny that grabs the bottom lashes and makes them look visible. I would buy this mascara purely for the little brush! 

Pink Princess Waterproof Duo Stick Mascara £5.99 


   

I can't apply lashes to save my life! I really struggle to apply them, I don't know how you beauty magicians do it! I get really upset as I feel lashes set the look and I can't have that effect haha! I thought I would have a go as I know practise makes perfect! these lashes were way to long for my eyes so I did snip them in half. The band was quite thick so made it easier for me to put on to my lids. I had no issue applying these and I am super happy! I now know that it might be that I just need a certain type of lash to be able to apply. Does anyone else have the same problem? Let me know! 

2 Pair Thick False Eyelashes £2.99

  



So after I applied all these products it was time for me to have a proper look. The concealer did still look very caked and powder was not doing it any justice at all. The eyeshadow was the best out of all them simply for the colours and pigment! The foundation stayed wet until I powdered but once I powdered didn't have an issue. It did go patchy after a couple of hours but it's noticeable really. I am super happy about the beauty range they have, the only thing I wouldn't reccomend is the concealer! 
Have you tried Shein beauty out? What were your thoughts?



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments